About SFDA Annual Conference – (SFDAC 2018)
The annual conference of the Saudi Food and Drug Administration aims to:
- Serves as an annual gathering connects SFDA with other stakeholders from private and public sectors.
- Exchange professional and scientific experiences with SFDA partners from the public and private sector.
- Share up-to-date best practices in regulatory sciences and other relevant disciplines.
- Transfer experiences and enhance knowledge concerning drug, food and medical devices awareness.
- Conduct applied workshops addressing professional and scientific aspects.
- Arranging for an annual exhibition in collaboration with SFDA partners to demonstrate updates in regulatory sciences and related tools.
SFDAC 2018 Time & Place
25 - 27 September 2018 - Riyadh International Convention & Exhibition Center - Saudi Arabia
SFDAC 2018 Topics
Control and legislation of food products.
Food safety and risk assessment.
Animal feed and its impact on human and animal health.
Contaminants and pesticide residues in food.
Nutrition policies and their impact on public health.
Legislation and specifications of innovative foods.
Halal food regulations.
Halal food innovations.
Localization of the pharmaceutical industry.
Medical fraud and the quality of medicines and preparations.
The economics and pricing of medications.
Control and legislation of medicines and preparations.
Health Promotion Topics
Evidence-based health promotion programs.
Health education and effective communication.
Health behavior change.
Medical Devices Topics
Clinical evaluations & investigations for medical devices.
Medical devices regulation.
Medical devices post market surveillance and vigilance.
Abstract Submission Process
In order to present at the SFDA Annual Conference 2018 (SFDAC 2018) your abstract must first pass a double-blind peer review. Upon payment of registration fee, your presentation will be confirmed.
Abstracts submission deadline (Oral Presentations & Workshops): 25th March 2018.
Abstracts submission deadline (Posters): 25th July 2018.
Results of abstract reviews are returned to authors: Usually within four weeks of submission deadline.
How to Submit
Please submit you abstract at the abstract submission center
Submit your abstract of no more than 250 words, please download the abstract template (The format will help you to submit your abstract, therefore you are requested to follow the format carefully for your abstract submission).
Please send in a brief biography together with the Abstract.
Submit well before the submission deadline.
Your Abstract will undergo a double-blind peer review within two to three weeks after receipt. If your abstract is accepted, you will be invited to register for the conference.